NOTICE OF JOB OPENING FOR DIRECTOR/GENERAL COUNSEL – KY OFFICE OF BAR ADMISSIONS
NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
KY OFFICE OF BAR ADMISSIONS
· Developing and implementing operational practices and procedures.
· Overseeing office staff to ensure that all necessary support is provided to the Board of Bar Examiners and Character and Fitness Committee in administering the bar examination, in processing applications for admission to the bar and in responding to day to day inquiries.
· Coordinating the preparation of the budget and providing oversight of income and expenditures.
· Preparing cases for administrative hearings.
o Identifying relevant legal issues
o Directing the necessary investigations
o Researching and preparing legal memoranda and findings
o Organizing and preparing files for hearings
o Preparing documents necessary to implement post-hearing Committee directives
· Representing the Kentucky Office of Bar Admissions as legal counsel in court when and as needed.
· Serving as liaison between the office staff and the Board, Committee and Supreme Court.
· Serving as liaison with law schools and the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
· Member of the Kentucky Bar Association for at least three years
· High ethical standards
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· High level of personal and professional motivation
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Management and/or administrative experience
· General knowledge of computer systems
· Ability to manage and maintain confidential information
Salary range – $70,000+, commensurate with experience
Duty Station – Lexington, KY
Deadline for Applications – May 31, 2012
Written applications should be sent to:
Mary Riddell, Deputy Director
KY Office of Bar Admissions
1510 Newtown Pike, Suite 156
Lexington, KY 40511