Israeli Commandos captured nuclear materials before air raid in Syria. – Chinese and Korean diplomats believed Killed – Bush Mum.
LawReader Note: Last week in a press conference, President Bush refused to answer reporters questions about an attack on a suspected Syria nuclear site. This attack would not have occurred without a green light from U.S. This sends a signal to Iran and may have affected Iranian President to declare Iran wasn’t seeking to build nuclear bomb on CBS yesterday.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF Sept. 24, 2007
Soldiers from an elite Israeli unit captured nuclear material originating in North Korea from a secret Syrian military installation before IAF jets bombed it, a report by Britain’s Sunday Times wrote Saturday night, quoting “informed sources in Washington and Jerusalem.”
According to the sources quoted by the report, the alleged IAF attack was sanctioned by the US on September 6, after the Americans were given proof that the material was indeed nuclear related.
The sources confirmed that the materials were tested after they were taken from Syria and were found to be of North Korean origin, which raised concerns that Syria may have been trying to come into possession of nuclear arms.
The report said that the commandos, from the legendary General Staff’s Reconnaissance Unit (Sayeret Matkal), may have been disguised in Syrian army uniforms. It also stated that Defense Minister Ehud Barak, who used to head the unit, personally oversaw the operation.
Israeli sources admitted that special forces had been accruing intelligence in Syria for several months, the report said, adding that evidence that North Koreans were at the site was presented to President George Bush during the summer.
The report said North Korean and Chinese diplomats believed that North Koreans were also killed in the subsequent “IAF air strike.”
Meanwhile, Newsweek quoted Binyamin Netanyahu adviser Uzi Arad as saying, “I do know what happened, and when it comes out it will stun everyone.”
(©) The Jerusalem Post