Attorney’s Job Opening: CAIR-Cincinnati Seeks Staff Attorney – and Bankruptcy Court Vacancy
Job Opening: CAIR-Cincinnati Seeks Staff Attorney
CAIR-Cincinnati seeks a qualified, part-time Staff Attorney to work in its Civil Rights Department
The Staff Attorney will engage in civil rights litigation and advocacy for CAIR-Cincinnati clients who have experienced religious discrimination, including, but not limited to: filing complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and/or Ohio Civil Rights Commission; negotiating settlements with opposing parties; filing various types of complaints in federal and/or state court; discovery, motions practice, court appearances, and trial if necessary; and identifying, recruiting, and collaborating with private attorneys on religious discrimination cases.
The Staff Attorney will be expected to identify, strategize and use creative legal solutions
to address systematic issues affecting those who suffer discrimination in the full range of
potential forums (not just litigation). The Staff Attorney may also directly supervise the
work of externs/interns in the department.
The part-time Staff Attorney will initially work approximately 20 hours per week. There is future potential for increased hours and pay.
· Two-plus (2+) years legal experience;
· Familiarity with civil rights, employment law, immigration law, family law, and constitutional law ;
· Excellent oral and written communication and advocacy skills;
· Strong ability to identify, recruit, and work with a number of private attorneys on cases;
· Demonstrate commitment to protecting civil liberties in the United States;
· Exhibit a high degree of initiative and willingness to collaborate with others;
· Showcase creativity, passion, determination, and a positive attitude;
· Demonstrate organizational skills and ability to follow through on various on-going and newly assigned case work;
· Must be a member in good standing of the Ohio State Bar, admitted or willingness to seek admission to the Kentucky State Bar;
· Admission to federal courts in Ohio and Kentucky preferred but not required.
Salary range for part-time position is $20K-$22.5K, based on education, skills and experience.
Benefits include health insurance, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Application deadline is February 1, 2013. Start date to be mutually determined.
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, two formal legal writing samples, and a list of at
least three references to:
CAIR – Ohio, Cincinnati Chapter
10999 Reed Hartman Hwy., Suite 222
Cincinnati, OH 45242
If applying via e-mail, please be sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
About CAIR-Cincinnati: CAIR-Cincinnati is the Greater Cincinnati & Tri-State chapter of CAIR, the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, committed to building a stronger civic society and a more vibrant democracy. CAIR’s mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding. Learn more at www.cairohio.com . Our office is in Blue Ash, Ohio, in the northern suburbs of Cincinnati, and is conveniently located off I-275, between I-71 and I-75.
View our photos: https://www.cairohio.com/events-programs/photo-gallery/cair-cincinnati-gallery.html
Watch our videos: https://www.cairohio.com/media/cincinnati-a-southern-ohio.html
Also The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, is accepting resumes and applications for the position of Temporary Judicial Law Clerk. Duties include researching a variety of legal issues, drafting memoranda and opinions, reviewing orders, and handling day-to-day law clerk assignments. Resumes are being accepted through January 25, 2013. For the full announcement see the link http://www.kyeb.uscourts.gov/sites/kyeb/files/Temp%20Law%20Clerk%2013-03.pdf
Julie L. Jones
NKBA Executive Director
P: (859) 781-1300, Ext. 104
F: (859) 781-1277